Monday, October 30, 2006

Post #200!

Morning everyone.!

So, not much is new at the moment, I'm sitting at my new desk, with my computer finally hooked up though - so that's sweet. I really hate not being able to do the things I need to get done until I get to work to use their email and internet. Thanks to my Mom and Dad who are fantastic and came to help me on Sunday to put the desk together and put up some shelves in my bedroom. My Mom sewed all my drapes and they look fantastic. I don't know what I would have done without them - they have been an amazing help in getting my place to look the way that it does. Special thanks also to Brenda and Pete who helped me move on Oct 14th - it was really nice to have their support also.

Now for the news that isn't so happy? We're without hot water - again. I mean, it's not even warm or luke warm.. it's just luke cold. I mean, it's not ice cold, but it's not comfortable to stand in for more than a few seconds. Apparently its been like that all weekend, I wasn't here Saturday, but yesterday it was off, and this morning still - jerks. I've had enough of these people - they better believe that I'll be asking for an adjustment of payment when the time to close comes.

I had my first horrible experience on the Hwy - I got on, on Friday night and it was jammed. Apparently there had been an accident. So, instead of reversing up the on ramp (Next time, you better believe that's the plan.) I just waited to get into the long line of not moving traffic. From the entrance ramp I got on, to the first exit ramp (~ 5 min drive) it took me 2.5 hours!!! My call was overheating because when it idles like that, it just gets too hot. So I had to pull off to the side of the road 4 - 5 times to let it cool down before I got back into the line. Important tip: Run the heat in your car to cool it down, I never knew this, until about five seconds before I got off the Hwy. By this time it was 8:30pm and I just wanted to go back home. So I got off the hwy and couldn't even see a ramp to get back on, so I decided fine - I'll take back roads to get home. (thank god I had a map!) So I drove and drove and drove. I got lost twice and had to ask for directions. In total, it took me 5 hours to get home on Friday night, instead of the usual 1.5 - 2 hours. It was horrible, but I made it... heh.

AND I guess that's it people. There isn't much to tell about my weight, I'm pretty much maintaining where I was - I seem to be having a hard time focusing on getting back into a routine, I guess because so much has changed it all just seems so out of order. I'd like to do some cleaning and organizing tonight, as well as shopping for food, and more laundry. So, my days are very full. I'll let you know once I'm back to counting pnts and such though - hope you are all having a good morning, and I'll try to stop by some Blogs some time tonight.

Becca ~

5 comments:

M-M-M-Mishy said...

WWWWHHHHHAAAAATTTT??? Five hours to get home? That is pure insanity, my friend! Ok, truth time: How much swearing and screaming was going on in that car? LOL!

Anyway, I'm glad you're all internetted up at home now. That means I can chat you up on MSN. w00t!

M-M-M-Mishy said...

Oh, and I'm such a slacker, because I'm only on post 187 or something stupid like that. And I've had my blog longer.

Living to Feel Good said...

What a headache!! Your car sounds very stressful.

Glad the move went well. Post some pics when you get a chance.

Can you heat up water on the stove and take a bath?

Anonymous said...

Hello! Keep up the great work, Cheers!
- digitalgoobie.blogspot.com t
spaghetti alla carbonara

Anonymous said...

Looks great! Good resources here, good stuff. Your web site is helpful. Enjoyed the visit!
- www.blogger.com y
spaghetti alla carbonara