Sunday, March 26, 2006

Sunday, worried.

I can't sleep, I woke up at least 4 times during the night last night, thinking about this whole money problem of mine - and, if I was coming up with solutions, I wouldn't mind so much. But, I'm not. I'm just waking up, staring at the clock and rolling back over as I tell myself to stop thinking about it all and just sleep. Again this morning, with no reason to get up early, I was awake at 7am. 7am on a freakin Sunday. Oh well, I've started the slow cooker with some Beef thing I've been meaning to try - it's not WW Friendly, so... I'm going to have to be careful how much I eat of it. I'll be calculating the points for it later, I'm hoping it's good enough to have with some veggies and that's it. Although, I have a feeling it would taste fantastic on a bun.

So, I went over on my points a bit last night. I was just so hungry for some reason, and seconds before I grabbed some more snack food (I was already munching on the Crunchers and the chips, chocolate and other crap in the house was starting to look like an easy fix) I thought.. just freakin make yourself something filling to eat before you eat everything you can get your hands on. So, I made a sandwich. Not sure how many pnts the meat actually was, but it was deli meat and I thought 2 pnts a shot was fair. Ah well, whatever. There are still Crunchers left, so I only ate like 4 out of the 5pnts, so if the meat was more - it can take a pnt from there. Point of the matter is, the sandwich worked and I felt much better - thank god.

Well, I guess I should start the day. Need to motivate myself to get some tasks done around the house - a few things were accomplished yesterday, but it's a never ending list. Plus, it looks sunny out this morning, instead of that crap rain. So, I think I'll go for a walk and earn myself a few activity pnts incase this Beef thing is a way bad idea. ~Winks~

Afternoon Update:
So, the Buttered/Garlic Beef I made was a hit - I can't believe how much juice came out of it! (It's my first time using a slowcooker - so maybe it's always like that?) It was pretty good. I had a receipt to follow, but it asked for 1/2 cup of butter, so I cut that back and used a bit of chicken broth instead. I also added onions and garlic, which wasn't in the original ingredients. It was really very good. I kinda guessed on the pnts though. Looked in the book and saw that a slice of beef was like.. 5pnts. And then since it had butter in it I added another 3pnts just for that. Though, I avoided getting the liquid cause I figured that was were most of the cals would be. I think that's fair enough? Whatever, if it's not I still have those 29 flex pnts sitting there. I'd really like to try a roast with baby potatoes, green beens, red onions and baby carrots in it. I can only imagine how yummy that would be.

And, on a crappier note, I picked my car up today. Total came to $834. Ouch. Daniel, I don't want to hear about how you could have fixed it for so much cheaper.. blahblah blah. Until you actually drive here, take my car apart and start fixing things - no complaining! OR if I'm spending your $$ on it, then you can complain - it's my money, my piece of crap car - so be nice to me! ~Sticks her tongue out~ So, now I have to pay that off next month, and I have to figure out what I'm going to do.... OH the pressure.


Food List:
Tea - 1pnt.
Lemon muffin - 3pnts.
Small Potatoes - 2pnts.
Asparagus - 0pnts.
Oil - 2pnts.
Butter/Garlic Beef 1 Slice - 8pnts.
Oven Chicken Fingers - 7pnts.
Orange - 1pnt.
Honey Bran Muffin (2) - 4pnts.

28/28 pnts used.
0/0 Activity pnts used.
29 Flex pnts left.

3 comments:

Living to Feel Good said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes. :) Sounds like you figured out the points on the deli meat right. It's pretty low, so good job. Enjoy your beef thing tonight!

I've tried the WW smoothies. I didn't like the vanilla, and I did like the chocolate. You're talking about the powder ones at the meetings right? I don't drink them anymore though because they contain aspartame, and I stay away from that. I'll drink a regular soda (if I have one which is rare) over a diet. That's just me though, so I'm not preaching.
If you are talking about the yogurt smoothies, no I haven't tried them because I make a delicious 4 pt one that I split in half for 2pts and then have the other half the next day. I figure the one they bottle can't be nearly as good as the one I make. ;)

Have a great day!!
Ps. What's your first name?!

Michelle said...

hey Becca
your quote really hit home with me...you wealth of knowledge!!!

Have a great Sunday!! :)

Living to Feel Good said...

Hey Becca,

I knew that was your name..in fact I think I've posted your name before. I guess I was just having a brain fart this morning. Boy do I feel stupid.

My fruit and yogurt smoothies are yummy. My husband likes them too, and if you split it in half it's two points and they stir up nice the next day for another 2pt smoothie. Do you have a blender? If you want the recipe I could email you it. Let me know. If not my feeling won't be hurt. I figured I'd offer.
Sorry about your car. That one hurts eh? Geez I don't miss those days. I had a 88 camaro and one time my repair cost me 1200. I had to borrow money. I hate doing that which now that I have a hubby he helps me out. yay!;)