Friday, March 24, 2006

At long last, Friday.

So, my car is going to cost at least $840 to fix. Not cheap.
I'm irritated, at the place I take my car, myself and the car. It's giving me a horrible headache and all I've done all day is freak out with what I'm supposed to do. Buy new, Lease, where the Hell will I get the $$ with the upcoming condo and everything. Needless to say, I'm extremely upset and lost at the moment....

SO, I walked over to Tims, and bought myself an Xtra Large Tea.
Went for a walk to the end of the street and back, running it through in my mind, and I think I might be able to swing something. I have another 5months to save my money for the condo (for the most part) so if I up my monthly saving from $800 to $1000, that will get me saving some Xtra money. (Not sure what I'm going to cut back on yet, but I'll have to make it work). In the meantime, I'm going to use my savings, and even maybe my line of credit and either buy a new car, or Lease one. Not sure which.. I have no idea what Leasing is like... Once I'm in my condo, although it will be tight, I should be able to somehow swing monthly car payments for $200. Please god, let it be lower. Hopefully I can sell the car for at least $1000, to break even with the fix I have to do on it now.

If I could go without having a car for the next five months I would, and I'd stash a ton more money away and then worry about buying/leasing come move time - But I can't. My job is 40minutes away from where I live now - I need a car, there's no bus I can catch... ~sighs~ Ok, I'm feeling a bit better now that I have a plan, even if it needs some more work and detailing.

Thanks for the comments everyone, and the good wishes. Means a lot.
Hope you are all having a good Friday, it's almost the weekend, yay.

Update:
So, I'm home, the long day at work is over and I'm feeling a little more positive about my car situation after the initial freakout. I mean, I still have to figure everything out, but I think I can manage - or rather, I'll somehow have to manage. Just got back from a quick walk, needed to just get out I think, get some air, dragged my parents along with me. It's such a nice night out - why not? Besides, makes me feel less guilty about sitting around watching TV tonight, heh.
I'm out of points for the day, so the second I get hungry tonight I'm headed to bed. Anyway, I'm too tired and spent to write anything more, have a nice evening all. And happy weekend. ~winks~


Food List: (updated)
WW MultiGrain Bread (2) - 2pnts.
Peanutbutter - 2pnt.
Tea - 1pnt.
Leftover Meatloaf - 8pnts.
Potato - 4pnts.
Pizza - 10pnts.
Grilled Cheese - 4pnts.

28/28 pnts used.
3/3 activity pnts used.
33 Flex pnts left.

Out!
Becca.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie,

I'm sorry you're having such a crappy time. Cars are horrible, if I didn't need a car, I wouldn't have one. I hate driving anyway. But, the world doesn't work that way.

Leasing a car is...interesting. I guess it's like "renting" a home really, except you don't get to keep it. Or rather, you have a choice at the end of the period (6 months I think here)...You break something, you have to fix it. Yada Yada. Not that I've leased before, but I know peeps who have. Just look around, see what deals you can find. It's possible to buy a car for under $200.00 a month, but you have to put money down, of course. Again. I hate cars. So fucking expensive.

You're an organized person, gurl. I know you'll figure this mess out. I wish I could help more than just being here for you. Worst comes to worst, I'll have you come to Cali and you can move in with me. ~Winks~

Read Deek's blog, you'll feel better.

Love you!
-Suz

Michelle said...

hello Becca
Glad you sorted it all out in your mind...I'm sure it will all come together, these things have a way of working out...even when we worry them to death. I think leasing for under $200 is totally doable..there's some little, reliable and cheap cars out there..start looking now.

Have a great weekend and take care of yourself!!! xxx