Friday, March 31, 2006

Fantastic Friday - Challenge day #5.

I can't tell you how glad I am that's it's Friday - only thing that sucks is that it's supposed to rain all weekend. Oh well, I've been out for BOTH my breaks today to enjoy what sun there is before this storm moves in. Challenge is going well, no cravings for anything junky or sweet today - so that's good. However, I was thinking. This Challenge hasn't been that hard for me, barely even what I'd call a challenge since I don't have much of a sweet tooth to begin with.. soooooooooo.. I was thinking of challenging myself to no bread. ~gasp~ As you can see from my lists, not a day goes by without me enjoying a slice of bread. I know that bread is bad for you, it's prolly the reason I love it so damn much! So, after this Challenge is complete I might kick it up a level and try 7 days without bread. Anyone else feel like joining me?? On Sunday I'll post if for sure I've decided to do this or not.. I'm really going to have to put effort into it, since I'll have NO idea what to have for lunches at work.

Anyway, I'm going to get going now, I'd like to read some of your Blogs before my lunch is over. I'll update later tonight if I find the time, not sure what I all have planned for the evening. Talk to you all later.

5:50pm Update:
So, I forgot my WW Calculator at work! ~gasp~ I was half way home and realized, in my rush to get the HELL out of there, I left it behind. Good thing I keep track during the day of what I eat and where my pnts are on here - otherwise I'd be forced to remember everything.. and with my poor memory, that wouldn't be a good plan.

Today was busy at work, I got a ton done though - it was rushed. I hate that. Or maybe I love it because I seem to do so well under pressure.. whatever. ~laughs~ Alright, I need to get going.. I have a pita pizza callin my name! Oh, and it's not cheating on the challenge, cause it's all homemade and low fat stuff. Low fat cheese, tons of garlic, on a whole wheat pita. I don't count this as the same thing as a pizza from like.. Pizza Pizza - that's fast food stuff. Ok, seriously, Gotta go!

Out!
Becca.

Food List:
WW Bread (2) - 1pnt.
Butter - 1pnt.
Cheese - 2pnts.

Crustini - 6pnts.
Tea - 1pnt.
Banana - 2pnt.
Pita Pizza - 10pnts.
Pita chips w sauce - 6pnts.

28/28 pnts used.
1/3 activity pnt used.
30 flex pnts left.

4 comments:

Living to Feel Good said...

Becca! You always make me smile! I have to tell you that doing a bread challenge is crazy! hahaha. If you have the will power go for it, but after my disaster with the sweets this week I couldnt cut out bread over here. I mean I eat 1-2 of my 1pt bagels every day. I need them!!I love bread (especially warm sourdough) and cookies. I'm just going to try to stick to points instead of cutting out foods.
Thanks for checking up on me. :)
Have a good weekend chicka!!

Andrea said...

Bread isn't necessarily bad for you. What about cutting out all white flour products and just eating whole grain bread?

digitalGoobie said...

I already avoid white breads, all I eat is whole grain, whole wheat kinda stuff.

Bread really isn't that great for you.. and I know it isn't. I'm weak though and just love the stuff. I'm trying to get all pumped up to so this new Challenge on Monday, but it worries me. I think I'm going to have to do some serious planning for it.

Michelle said...

becca ~ how about moving to a sprouted grain bread, or ezekial bread, made without any flour at all (white or brown) there's also flaxbread, these breads are full of amazing things like fibre, vitamins, and ground flaxseed which is amazingly good for you. I find if I eat nutrient rich bread of the ezekial bread, it keeps me full for hours. Good luck if you decide to do it, I couldn't go without my flaxseed bread....it keeps my skin clear!!