Sunday, April 23, 2006

Grilled Cheese and Apple.


So, just for your viewing pleasure I decided to have the Grilled Cheese and apples for breakfast again this morning, it tastes fantastic, honest. I usually use Royal Gala apples because I like their texture, they aren't too crisp, but still give the sandwich a nice crunch. I also use Gouda cheese, and use my cheese slicer to make the layers really thin - prevents me from using too much cheese but at the same time gives me enough to work with to make the layers. I'd recommend doing a bit of cheese, then a layer of apples, more cheese, more apples, more cheese, etc. Start and end with cheese so the bread sticks. And don't flash fry it or anything, cook it on medium because it has to soak the heat through all the layers of apple to warm it up. So good. My only other suggestion would be don't use fake cheese slices when you put apple on, it prolly would taste horrible. You need a stronger cheese like Gouda or Cheddar I'd say. Anyway, the day is pretty boring so far. I'm about to continue an RP with Suz.. she'll be leaving in a few days and then our little game will be on pause. So we have to tie up some loose ends. Hope you are all having a good Sunday, rest lots, cause freakin Monday is just around the corner!

5:40pm Update:
Lori, I'm so glad that you enjoyed the grilled cheese! Heh. I was doubtful when Jen told me to give it a try, but since that day I've had it like.. 7 more times, so it must be good, eh? Anyway, nothing happening here, quiet raining day. Saw Brokeback Mountain last night... it wasn't as good as I was hoping it would be. Kinda slow, very mellow kinda movie. I was impressed by Health though, totally stepped outside his normal dorky cute guy role to play this cowboy. The book, even though it was only like 90pages long was better than the movie in my opinion. (Which is usually the case anyway.) I dunno if I recommend this or not, wasn't horrible, wasn't as fantastic as I was hoping for. I definately enjoyed the book though, so read that.

Out!
Becca.


Food List:
Grilled Cheese & Apple - 5pnts.
Tea - 1pnt.
Pizza - 20pnts.
Popcicle - 1pnt.

27 / 28 pnts used.
0 / 0 activity pnts used.
35 Flex pnts used.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Yum, that looks really good! I am going to try it for lunch.
Have a good Sunday. When does Dan come in?

Living to Feel Good said...

Looks yummy! :)

Lori said...

Ok, so i tried the sandwich! It was very good and I will eat it again soon. I like the idea of adding fruit right in with the sandwich. What else you got?? haha

Living to Feel Good said...

I watched Brokeback Mountain on Friday night! I cried at the end. I wouldn't recommend it just because I think it's a touchy subject and not everyone can handle it you know? I think they did a good job making them look older too. Sad movie. :(

Crystal said...

I liked Brokeback Mountain, and I too cried at the end. It wasn't fantastic but it also didn't suck.

I'm going to have to give the grill cheese with apples a try!