Tuesday, April 04, 2006

This time change is killin me!

Never before, through the 25 yrs I've been alive in this world, has the time change bothered me like it has this time around! I did manage to set my clock to the correct time (give or take ten minutes) so that this morning it would go off at the right hour. Last night, I couldn't sleep. I didn't actually fall asleep until after 12:30am. So this morning my alarm goes off at 6:30am and I have to get up and have a shower. All I could think as I laid there.. not wanting to move and thinking about my fantastic dream I had been having (Sorry, details can't be give here.. too sexual and it involved coffee, a teacher and other things that will remain namelss.. hehe.) was that it's really only 5:30am and no wonder I'm so tired! Again, I had to drag myself out of bed and get ready for my day. Bleh, I hope this wears off soon, I can't handle it!

Day is going alright, as we speak I have a roast in the slow cooker, so hopefully that's really yummy when I get home. I'm having a hard time concentrating on work today, and the spider attacks have been plenty today - 3 spiders in the first ten minutes of being in the office! Freakin gross!! The count since we moved to the new part of the building is up to 34. You can't tell me that's not disgusting.

Anyway, I gotta go. Work and have to eat my crustini. Have a good day all.

5:40pm Update:
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I'm so fucking irritated at the moment.
I got EVERYTHING ready for my mom to throw into the crock pot this morning at 9am.
I mean, I mixed the sauce up, the dry spices, cut the onions, washed the dish, roast was thawed and potatoes were sitting on the counter - everything was done. I go to her, just put it on Medium or whatever and cook it all day. I'm like, just throw it all in. Don't add anything besides what I've gotten ready. I get home, think 'Hm, funny, how come I don't really smell anything cooking?' Walk into the kitchen and as I'm walking go.. 'did you check it?' she goes 'no, you told me not to.' I go.. I said you don't need to check it all day, but you could have taken a look at it. By this time, I'm standing infront of the pot, smiling, and lift the lid off and it looks funny... like.. kinda like it's cooked, but just.. not very hot? So I glance down and it's set on 'Warm' I go.. how come you turned it onto Warm instead of Low or High? She goes.. what to you mean, I put it on Medium. I go.. I'm looking at the knob, your choices are off, low, high or warm. Too keep the dish warm. You had it on this all day?! She goes, you said to put it on Medium!.............. needless to say, I will not be having Roast for dinner tonight and now my mother is pissed at me and says the crock pot sucks. Right, IT sucks. ~Deep breath~

THEN, after work I drive to the house of the guy who's doing my taxes, he told me his house number was 331 on the phone, so I drive there, find 331 without any problems since I've been there once before with Lori and no one is home. So I'm confused, get in my car and come home. He calls and goes 'where are you?' I go.. yeah.. I came to your house, you didn't answer?! He goes.. what house? I live at 333. Now, I'm confused. He said 331, and I've BEEN there before with Lori.. so how the HECK did I go to the wrong house? ~blinks~ Apparently I'm dumb and can't get anything freakin right today.

Anyway.. ~sighs~ For you peeps who were wondering what Crustini's were I've taken a piccy for you. There are a few flavours, but I like the Broc/Ched and Chicken one (7pnts) and the Chicken Parm (6pnts) ones the best. The four cheese is good, but I think it's like.. 8 or 9 pnts. There was a Turkey or ham and cheese or something, but I didn't like it. They're so quick and easy for lunches, I love them. They hit the spot, are filling enough to just have that. So, give em a try - I know the Walmart here carries them and it's cheaper than going to like.. A&P or something. They come with a little sleeve that your micro them in, and it makes them a bit crusty on the outside. Anyway, I have to go find something for dinner, sorry for ranting.. just irritated is all.

Out!
Becca.


Food List:
Egg - 2pnts.
(1 slice) Bread - 2pnts.
Crustini - 6pnts.
Tea - 1pnt.
Cornflakes - 1pnt.
Pizza - 10pnts.
Crunchers (an entire bag!) - 10pnts.

30/28 pnts.
2/2 activity pnts used.
33 Flex pnts left.

6 comments:

Krista said...

What's a crustini?

I'm feeling it the time change too! Especially when the alarm goes off at 5 am and it's really 4 am. That's still the middle of the bloody night. I hope we'll both adjust soon.

Anonymous said...

~twitches~ Spi....spiders!?
And yeah, whats crustini?
Ya know I'm American and all...

Wendell said...

I was going to ask about crustini too! Is it particular to one restaurant, or can you get them anywhere? Or do you make them yourself? Sorry the time change has been difficult - you'll be used to it before you know it. If not you'll be ready for when it switches back.

Crystal said...

I also am having a real problem with this time change, it's never affected me before but this time it's driving me batty! Hopefully things can get back to "normal".

M-M-M-Mishy said...

Hey Becca,

Wow, these spiders really have you perplexed, eh? I bet SleepyRebecca is even more tolerant of the spiders than Wellrested-Rebecca would be. Have you completly drove Laura crazy yet?

Anyway, I think I know what a crustini is, at least what I think of when I hear crustini. Give me your defination.

Living to Feel Good said...

Argh my friend! That's a rough one. There's nothing worse than being let down. Man oh man roast is the best thing in the crockpot. I can just smell it thinking about it. I'm sorry! What a bummer!!