Thursday, May 04, 2006

Feeling a little touchy.

... here's the thing...
Since I went to bed last night the following has woken me up:
1) Call from Matt, no biggie, this is pretty normal.
2) Call from Dan, again, normal.
3) My neighbours dog, barking.
4) The hissing and screeching of fighting cats.
5) The clicking noises of racoons.
6) The chirping of some fucking bird - I swear.. if I had a pellet gun..
7) My neighbours dog barking, again.
8) The train that goes through town.
9) My sister doing that disgusting noise that guys make when their going to spit.

I'm fucking irritated. I'm about damn ready to march over to my neighbours and tell her she has several choices: Get the dog debarked, buy one of those collars that sprays the dog when it barks, stand the Hell outside while the dog is going pee to keep it from barking - OR I will call the fucking cops and complain that at crazy hours during the night and morning your fucking Mutt is outside barking and waking everyone the Hell up! ~Breathes~ It has been a crappy night.. I feel like I've gotten no sleep because every damn time I fell asleep I was woken back up. Which means of course, I was awake enough all night to Dream through all the sleeping which means I feel like I got even less sleep... I'm irritated.. sorry people, I know I sound like a bitch. But common! I go to bed early enough just to be woken up every freakin hour by something new. Now I have to go get ready for work.. have a better day everyone.

12:20pm Update:
The spraying dog collar isn't cruel or anything, it's the same thing of spraying a cat with a water bottle - teaches them that the behavior that they are doing isn't allowed. Eventually, I'm assuming, you wouldn't have to use it anymore b/c the dog would get the idea. Also, you can get a surgery done for the dog, called debarking, and it's pretty damn effective. I mean, some people think it's cruel.. but I don't see how it's any worse than spaying an animal? The surgery is only like 30 minutes, not even, and the dog recovers soon after. The biggest thing after the surgery is that you have to keep the dog from barking until it heals otherwise they will be able to start barking again and ruin the entire surgery and you'll have to do it again (and pay again). Afterwards, the dog is unable to bark, and instead makes a sort of 'coughing' noise. I mean, you can either have someone calling the cops because your dog doesn't shut up all day and loose your dog, pay fines, OR you can have the surgery. The other option, is to work with your dog, and teach him that barking isn't acceptable - but most pet owners don't work on things like that... I'm not sure why I went into all this detail, but I felt the need. ~Laughs~ I worked at a vet clinic for 3yrs, and I've seen a lot of different types of owners, and therefore a lot of behaviour problems. I'd have to say, just as many people should have to take a test before having a child - they should have to take a test to have the right to own a pet.

Anyway, today isn't a great day, I'm still having that crappy mood hanging on and I'm just not feeling like being social today. Thank god for Laura, and her ability to tolerate me, cause otherwise I'd have no one to come on walks with me at breaks and lunches and then I'd be bored. Dinner last night with Mishy and Laura went well, I stayed OP and had a good meal - lots of laughing. Tonight I'm making Chicken something.. not sure what. Maybe a chicken wrap or something. I've been thinking about Sarah's idea for the taco mixture in the slow cooker - and I'm thinking I might add that to the list to try before I give up on the thing - we'll see. I'm borrowing it from Brenda down the street, and so I don't want to hog it for too long. Maybe tomorrow I'll try something else. Alright, I'm going to go eat my Crustini now before lunch is over, hope you are all having an ok day, it's almost the weekend.. whew.
(18 Days until I meet Dan - eep!)

Out!
Becca.


Food List:
WW Bread - 1pnt.
Butter - 1pnt.
Tea - 1pnt.
Crunchers - 4pnts.
Banana - 2pnts.
Crustini - 6pnts.
Tortilla Wrap - 2pnts.
Ranch Dressing - 3pnts.
Lettuce - 0pnts.
Chicken - 4pnts.
Bacon (1) - 1pnt.
Popcorn - 3pnts.
Yogurt - 2pnts.

28 / 28 pnts used.
2 / 3 activity pnts used.
32 Flex pnts left.

5 comments:

Wendell said...

I've never heard of those collars that spray a dog when he barks. It's both mean and funny at the same time. Poor dog, but, hee hee, funny image. I know what you mean about the pellet gun - I used to live on a little man-made lake full of honking geese. Oh how I hated them. Hope your mood improves.

digitalGoobie said...

Oh! I forgot about the geese!
We have a pond like, five seconds from my house - and the geese fly over at around 5:30am every morning, so add that to my list too...

Lori said...

Well that just sucks! I HATE to be woke up by anything. I turn my cell off, and threaten anyone to call my house past 10. I get very grouchy, so i know how you feel. Hope your day improves. its almost friday!

Nicole (SummersComing) said...

I have a barking dog too and....I do not blame you one bit. He is my dog and he is driving me friggin nuts. The only difference is that I briing him in at the first sign of a bark!

This reminds me too that I need to go refill his collar.............no......I am not kidding.

Living to Feel Good said...

Sometimes the collar works. It worked on two of our dogs for awhile until she figured out she could keep barking til the citrus ran out. One of our dogs didn't care at all about the citrus, so now only 1 out of 3 dogs stops barking after the citrus sprays. It's the boy. My friend has 2 girl dogs and they don't work on her dogs either. Maybe it's a girl thing? But ya only our male will stop with it. I don't believe in having your dog debarked. So say one night someone is breaking in your dog can't let you know.

Anyways I hear you on it being fustrating though. Some people don't care or simply have the the ability to zone out and not hear the bark. It's kinda like parents with kids who scream and throw fits and touch everything and throw the things on the ground at stores and the parent doesn't do anything about it.

I hope your day gets better. :)