Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Wednesday Morning...

~Yawn~
I'm tired, not sure why, but I just freakin am.
The slow cooking roast was just ok, I don't think I'll bother making it again. See, I'm not a huge fan of a beef roast as it is, and I thought the slow cooker would somehow make it amazing and change my mind about the meat... but it didn't. ~Shrugs~ I'd like to try a chicken dish and a beef stew before I give up on the slow cooker.. otherwise, I'm not all that impressed by it. I mean, it's nice that everything was all in one dish, and it would be nice for someone living alone and working all day to come home to a fully cooked meal - but otherwise, eh.

So, the towel cake. I've added a piccy of the towel cake that I made for Lori - it turned out pretty good if you ask me. Sorry for the crappy photo, apparently I was having a hard time keeping things straight and I should have turned off a light that kinda gave it that odd shadow effect - but whatever. It wasn't that hard to make, so for those of you looking to do something 'fun' for a bridal shower, you could consider this. Everyone else at the shower seemed to love it and thought it was great. I got the instructions from The Wedding Company on how to make it, but then I changed it up a little bit. (They put mine up as an example on the site) I tied rope under the ribbon to hold the towels together, because I didn't want a bow on my cake. (Even the inside towels have rope around them) And I also cheated further by sewing down the ends of the towel cake - why you ask? Because I'm anal. They were sticking up and I didn't like how it looked. It was easy removal. All Lori has to do is cut the thread and pull it out since I made it one long piece. I mean, I only did like five rather large stitches at the back of the cake for each corner - no biggy. And it's not like the sewing would ruin the towels.

So anyway, I should probably get going, get ready for work. Going to dinner tonight with Mishy and Laura - though I haven't heard from either were we're going... so... maybe we aren't? Had a bit of trouble with pnts yesterday - for the entire evening I wanted to just keep eating and eating. Managed to stop myself after using 3 Flex.. whew. Ok, seriously, I'm going now.

12:25pm Update:
Just finished my Egg Salad sandwiches.. they were so yummy. Instead of having only one small sandwich (you know the WW bread is small, admit it) I've decided to have two. Not only that, but I added celery and lettuce to the sandwich in hopes of making it more filling. Now that I'm working the later shift at work, that half hour seems to make enough of a difference that when I get home, I'm freakin starving and want to eat anything that comes my way. Knowing this will lead to problems, I've come to realize I maybe need to eat more - maybe it's time to start eating those veggies that count for 0pnts. So, now that I've eaten a good meal, I still have some goldfish crackers left to eat, and that apple. So if I get hungry between now and 6pm when Mishy, Laura and I meet at Swiss Chalet, then I can eat those. Not sure what to have tonight, I'm torn between the Chicken Sandwich and soup, Chicken Pot Pie.. or something else.. not sure. I really feel like Chalet Sauce though. The problem with the ChickPotPie is that it's 12 pnts. No biggie, I can fit that it. Cept, it comes with a side dish. Fries are OUT of the question - frankly I've just been avoiding fries as much as possible unless I make homemade ones. The Colslaw there isn't too bad.. not sure how many pnts it is, and the mashed potatoes - although better than fries at their 5pnts - are not my fav thing. Plus, 12+5=17 And I don't have that many pnts to use. Unless I don't eat it all. I always want to get the multigrain bun because it's fantastic.. but then I put butter on it AND dip it in the Chalet sauce.. so we're talking like.. 5pnts for the flippin bun too. Anyway, as you can see, I can't decide. Anyway, lunch is almost over, I'm gunna get going. Have a good day everyone. (Is it Friday yet?)

Out!
Becca.


Food List:
ww Bread - 1/2 pnt.
Butter - 1/2 pnt.
Orange - 1pnt.
WW Bread (4) - 2pnts.
2 Eggs - 4pnts.
Mircle Whip - 2pnts.
Celery - 0pnts.
Lettuce - 0pnts.
Fishy Crackers - 3pnts.
Chocolate - 2pnt.
Chicken Sandwich - 9pnts.
Mayo - 1pnt.
Chalet Sauce - 1pnt.
Soup - 2pnt.
Popcicle - 1pnt.

28 / 28 pnts used.
1 / 2 activity pnts used.
32 Flex pnts left.

4 comments:

M-M-M-Mishy said...

Oh no. We are going for dinner.

Way to go on the cake. Its really pretty. Getting it added to the site as an example? Now thats going the extra mile, you keener.

See ya tonight!

Crystal said...

That towel cake looks amazing, wish I had known about it last weekend before I bought the gift I bought for the wedding shower I'm going to this weekend.

Living to Feel Good said...

Hey chicka! That's awesome they used your cake on the site. I think yours is one of the best up there. That first one is so plain. Way to go!

Hey you said you wanted to try chicken in your slow cooker. Ever tried making tacos or something with it? I love to add chicken, water, and taco seasoning, and when I come home it's ready and oh so yummy! You just put the rest of the stuff together when you are ready. I think because the seasoning sits in with the chicken for so long that's why it taste better than normal. Anyway just a tip from me to you. :)

I need to get some eggs this weekend. I hope I remember because I haven't had an egg salad sandwich in a long time and that sounds super good. You know what bread I'm using right now and I like it better than the WW? Wonder Light Sourdough. It's 40 cals a slice and because of the fiber it's 1 pt for 2 slices.

Okay talk to you later sista! Thanks for the hug! One right back to ya!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work
Anal gay finger Remington model 870 max Lesbian spanking z dodge ram srt-10 http://www.zoloft-depressio.info/effexor-xr.html Car infiniti lease online