Monday, May 08, 2006

Monday already?!

The weekend went by so quickly, I barely feel like I've been away from work for five minutes let alone an entire two days. Bleh. Mom woke me up at 6:15am this morning, because I had said I'd go for a walk with her - which I forgot about completely, and felt like shit this morning both physically and being tired after only falling asleep after 1:30am. So, I declined the walk and said I'd go on Wednesday.. I think I'm going to have to push myself, because it's very easy to just say 'no thanks' and crawl back into bed.

Pnts haven't been great for me the past few days - I mean, they aren't horrible, but I try not to use my Flex and I've dipped into that pot several times. I need to stay on track, because I can't be worrying about my pnts when I have so much other stuff on my mind - 14 days until Dan comes, my upgrade pre-appointment tomorrow. I'm just really hoping that there aren't many upgrades that I want, because I just don't have the $$ for it, you know? Cross your fingers for me that the hardwood is really the only thing I'll want changed.

This weekend is Mother's Day and I haven't a clue what to buy my mom for it. We're going 'Up Home' to see my Oma and Opa, prolly Grandma too. Another busy, completely occupied weekend for me. OMG did I already mention only 14 days until Dan is here? I'm freaking a bit right now, my heart is racing at the thought.. I hate the unknown! Heh. Eep.

Alright, I'd best be goin, gettin ready for work and such. I updated Luca's Blog for those of you interested in reading it and keeping up on posts. Hope everyone has a great day, not sure if it's supposed to be sunny or not, but I think it's supposed to warm up at least.

12:35pm Update:
Well.. today has certainly turned out like an odd little day. I'd say it sucks, but that's not really how I feel - just feels odd. Morning started like normal, the pain in having to go into work on a Monday morning is normal. But then, on the trip in as I'm driving along a dump truck passes on the other side of the road, and before I can even think about that a rock flys at my windshield and crack! A nice pretty chip in the glass... fantastic. Matches the other one that's there. Now I decide, do I try to get it filled before it has the chance to crack across my windsheild - or do I just hope to god that I sell it before it has the freakin chance?! (Which I had planned on putting off, since I don't know if I'll have the $$ for the downpayment.) Fine, I sorta laugh it off - I mean, I can't rewind time to my knowledge and take a different route to work so nothing to do except try to make a choice. Then I get to work, make it into the lunch room before I hear the news of the office - they are changing our hours AGAIN. Office is now open until 6pm starting next week. (With a change of until 7am - 7pm hours for the office looming in the distance.) Well, that's just wonderful. We're having a meeting today at 2:30pm to talk about it. Not sure what my boss has planned - maybe she has decided for us? Don't know to be honest. I still DO NOT want to rotate - it just doesn't work for living at home. I can't wake up one week at 5am and then the following wake up at 9am? That doesn't work. I volunteered to work the 5pm shift this last time around - should I have to work the later one now? Shouldn't someone else have to? I've been here for three years, doesn't that count for something? Then again, maybe working until 7pm wouldn't be SO bad. (besides the fact that I wouldn't get home until around 7:45pm) But then, maybe I could do something like... stay up until 2am every night, and sleep in until 9am? That way I'd have more time to RP with Suz.. I don't know. Makes it nearly impossible to do any evening things, like dinner with friends and such. Clearly, as you can see, I'm all over the map on this. I'm hoping that my boss doesn't make us decide right away in our meeting, allowing me some more time to think about it. Bugger eh? And tomorrow is that upgrade thing that has me all freaked out. My stress levels are beginning to go through the roof. Not to mention the fact that I'm starving today.. and can't seem to eat enough. ~Rolls her eyes~ I'll try to have good news on here eventually.. promise. Hey, at least I got a good walk and talk in at lunch with Laura - I'm going to miss her so much when I switch offices.

8:20pm Update:
I'm home, I'm trying to relax and keep everything in perspective. (sp?) The hour thing will work out in the end I'm sure.. I mean.. it has to. Heh. Mostly right now, the upgrade thing is on my mind.. wondering/worrying about it. Which is silly, I know, because until tomorrow there's nothing to worry about - can't worry about the details you don't know. I'm so glad that I have like a week to think about the upgrades, because if I honestly had to decide everything all at once, I just might freak out. So, my sister brought me home a tea from Tims, as I was standing there, stirring it I happened to glance outside and thought 'it'd be a nice night for a walk' and for once... I went! I went and didn't give myself time to talk me out of going.. I just put my shoes on, took my tea with me, and went for a good 20 minute walk. I mean, it was no biggie, but I still left the house and did something beside sitting around. I find it hard to talk myself into doing such things sometimes. At work it's different, we've gotten into the habbit of break time means.. go outside for 15 minutes and walk.. today at lunch Laura and I did that nice like.. half hour walk. So.. ~shrugs~ I just find it easier to push myself to walk at work.. then I do here. (Prolly cause it's just easier to lay around then get up and do something) I'm going to head off to bed early tonight, since I need to get up around 6am and will have to be into work early. I also am working through part of my lunch, so tomorrow will be a busy, and very long day. I might not get a chance to Blog - so if I don't, I hope that all you lovely people have a fantastic Tuesday.

Out!
Becca.

Food List:
Smoothie thing - 2pnts.
Crunchers - 4pnts.
WW Bread (2) - 1pnt.
Cheese - 2pnts.
Deli Meat - 4pnts.
Chocolate - 2pnts.
Tea - 1pnt.
Apple - 1pnt.
Chicken Fingers - 6pnts.
Potatoes - 3pnts.
Oil - 1pnt.
Broc - 0pnts.
Tims Cookie - 4pnts.

28 / 28 pnts used.
3 / 4 activity pnts used.
35 Flex pnts left.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

My weekend flew by as well and I didn't get another done. I still have so much unpacking to do *le sigh*

I think I'll get my mom a pair of Airwalk clogs for Mother's Day. I bought a pair the other day and she really likes them.

Wendell said...

Ugh - that sucks. I hate when decisions are made for me! Maybe your seniority and the fact that you took the 5:00 shift last time will mean you get a good deal this time - I hope so! Good luck!

M-M-M-Mishy said...

Oh crap. That totally sucks. Hopefully the craziness doesn't win out.

Good luck tomorrow. You totally won't go crazy on the upgrades. Just make sure whatever you get upgraded is both something you love and something that increases value. Because as awesome as shag carpeting feels between your toes, it just doesn't sell a place. Go figure!

Anne said...

Good luck with the upgrades tomorrow. I bet it won't be as bad as you think.