Monday, May 08, 2006

My name is Domino Harvey...

I just wanted to do a quick post on this movie, I saw a commercial for it awhile ago and while I was watching it exclaimed that I 'so want to see that movie!' before quickly forgetting entirely about it. Well, not entirely, I believe I went to dinner with Laura and Mishy and frantically tried to tell Mishy about the movie that I wanted to see.. went something like.. 'I saw this commercial for a movie, and I can't remember the name, or what its about.. but it looked cool.. and someone pretty well known was in it..' To which Mishy responded with some witty comment like 'Gee, I'll be sure to catch that film.' Since of course, what I was rambling made no sense, and didn't help either of us to know what I was talking about. ANYWAY, as I was browsing through Blockbuster with my cousin Vinny and my sis, Tessa, I saw it sitting on the shelf and it all came rushing back. I quickly snatched it up and smiled saying 'This is the movie I wanted to see!' So, I saw it yesterday before Greys Anatomy (I dislike McDreamy very much btw - jerk.) and loved it. I'm not entirely sure if it was an excellent movie or not, or if it just struck some 'this is a wicked movie' chord in my body - so I don't want to recommend it entirely incase you peeps go see it and think 'what the Hell was she thinking?!' Honestly, I think it's one of those movies that not everyone will enjoy, you have to be 'into' that kinda thing to enjoy it. I however, am into it, and totally enjoyed the entire thing. I liked the way the movie was filmed, I love the colours and the voice overs. I like the naration by the main character, the colours and feel of the film fit perfectly. I don't know what to tell you all really, cept I really enjoyed it.. and would definately watch it again. (Kong on the other hand, I'd prolly avoid almost entirely for a second time around - far too long a movie for such a weak, corny plot.)

Quick run down of the movie, Domino is the played by Keira, she's a bit of a badass chicka who has some serious issues with losing people in her life. She's all tough, and made me chuckle several times during the film (plus, I was also thinking through the whole film that Dan would have loved this movie... but that's just me). She decides to become a bounty hunter and hooks up with cutie in a dirty sorta way Choco (Edgar Ramirez) and father figure Ed (Mickey Rourke). And that's the movie, it's kinda a flash back sorta film, it starts in the future, and she's basically telling her story of what happened. There's violence, a bit of sex, buncha action.. swearing.. so it's not a kids flick. Anyway, that's all I'm going to tell you for now. See it, don't see it, it's up to you.. but I enjoyed this film, and since it's my Blog, I'm sharin it! ~winks~ Now Mishy, you must see it.. you've no choice. Hehehe.

You can check out a site for the movie < Here >

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I love Keira Knightley, but not a big fan of Mickey Rourke. However, looks like an interesting flic. Perhaps I will have to check it out!

Living to Feel Good said...

You know I had no desire to see that movie when it came out, but I have heard nothing but good things about it. My sister also loves this movie and told me I needed to rush and get it on Netflix.

Okay, so i'll try to remember to do that this time.

M-M-M-Mishy said...

Oh, well I totally should have gotten that one. Duh! :)

I've heard both good and bad reviews on this movie. But, seeing as I made you make a 101 in 1001 list, I'll rent this one. But if its bad... *shakes fist*

M-M-M-Mishy said...

P.S. I am not ready to talk about Grey's Anatomy just yet. I am too mad about it all. Why are they all being jerks??

digitalGoobie said...

I don't know why they are all being jerks. But I've had enough of McDreamy - he's just a jerk. A jerk who tags women along, treats them like crap and sleeps around after emotionally crushing them. Jerk. And Alex is a dick, I would have looked at him and said 'Be a doctor, or get the fuck outta my hospital, got it?!'