Monday, June 12, 2006

Chest pains...

So, I had a great weekend, full of laughter, joking, talking.. freezing cold weather!!! Good friends, and a little drinking. Heh. It really was a good weekend - until last night. I'm not sure if being frozen all weekend did it, or maybe I pulled something.. or maybe, just maybe the stress has finally caught up with me but last night I went to bed at 9pm. (Early, yes I know - but I didn't get any sleep the night before) But then, around 11pm I was woken up in pain.. now, for those of you who don't know, awhile back (about 3yrs ago) I worked at a vet clinic, and it became very stressful for many reasons (none of them had to do with the actual job itself) and I began this strange cycle. Every time I'd get stressed, the moment I felt the stress lift the smallest bit, I'd get chest pains. They were so bad I considered going to the hospital each time - it was difficult to breathe, to move, do much of anything until finally the pain became so sever that I was sick and eventually after a few hours of this I would pass out from being exhausted. When I woke the actual 'pains' were gone sometimes, or I'd have to go another round of vomitting and crying because it hurt. Either way, the following day was spent trying to recover because I'd be so tired.. and my chest would have that lingering pain in it.. like I had been punched several times. Needless to say, I quit my job after the third experience of this and started at my current job with GP.

Since then, I have managed to avoid these pains, any time I felt them beginning, I somehow managed to dodge and figure some way out of it. It really hasn't been bad at all for the past three years - until last night. I was fine when I went to bed, and then suddenly the pain began - and let me tell you how hard it is not to panic when you know what it is.. and the panic of course would just add to it. I couldn't figure it out though.. I mean, I guess I'm stressed, but honestly I didn't think it was to the degree of chest pains. Not now, after I've been able to keep stuff like this under control. So I took some advil, some pepto and sat up watching TV as I concentrated on breathing for an hour. Just hoping that I would get some results from either medication and somehow I'd beat the pains. Finally at mid-night I was too tired to keep watching TV, and laying on the couch was not a good idea. So I travelled back to bed.. layed down.. and again, concentrated on breathing through it.. trying to beat the pain and not think. It's harder than you think to just stop thinking about all the things that are making you stressed.. really.. Anyway, I fell asleep.. finally and didn't wake up until 5am - and I'm happy to annouce, with no pain lingering. Whew. I avoided the worst of it - and I cannot tell you how happy I am. I'd be lying if all morning I haven't been trying to pick up on the smallest hint of this coming back tonight - the thought of staying home has been considered - maybe a day of relaxing will help me avoid this? I really hope I do not get to work only to find myself in an even more stressful situation. Anyway, I'm going to take a few deep breaths and just try to relax today and get through it without too much trouble. Clearly, my body is telling me enough is enough, and perhaps it's time to deal with a few things instead of allowing them to just... grow into chest pains. Heh.

12:15pm Update:
So, today has been... stupid, so far. I don't really want to get into it, because it's just so much to write, but seriously, there isn't a section in my life that right now, isn't frustrating or causing stress. Unless of course, you count the ImpCafe as a section of my life, cause I got Cream of Broc Soup from there today, and it's fantastic. Anyway, I allowed myself to step on the scale this morning, and I think there was about a 2 - 3 pound loss from last week Monday. So that's good considering this weekend was HORRIBLE for pnts. It's not like I get excited when I see a 1 - 2 pound loss, and I know I should, but I think cause I have sooooo much to loose, it's not until I hit 10lbs gone or whatever that I'm like yay! Progress! Heh. ~Shrugs~ So.. hopefully in the next few weeks I'll be 10lbs lighter.. it's not sad though, not like I gained - which is always good. Even maintaining is good with me. Heh.

I thought there was something else I wanted to write about.. but now I seem to have forgotten.. hrm. Oh well, how is everyone doing? How was your weekends?? I should prolly write a bit more about mine, but right now, I'm not in the mood to write pages ontop of pages. Anyway, talk to you all later. I'm going to update my Condo page, because I emailed Catherine, again. So check it out if you're keeping up with the lack of all progress. ~rolls eyes~

Out!
Becca.


Food List:
Piece of Ginger Loaf - 4pnts.
Cream of Broc Soup - 3pnts.
Banana - 2pnts.
Chicken Parm Meal @ Montanas (1/2 noodles weren't eaten) - 23pnts (I'm guessing?)

29 / 28 pnts used.
3 / 3 activity pnts used.
16 Flex pnts left.
(I've removed a chunk of Flex pnts b/c I'm not sure how many were used over the weekend - and there's no reason I need 35 this week anyway, so I'm only going to allow myself the extra 17 pnts, and really, I shouldn't even need those.)

3 comments:

M-M-M-Mishy said...

Oh Becca... Sorry everything is so stressful lately. But losing 2-3lbs in a week is awesome! I don't even want to know what happened to me over this weekend. I think I ate my weight in hot nacho cheese. Mmm... hot nacho cheese...

I'm off to check your condo page!

Living to Feel Good said...

Do you think you are having panic attacks? What you are describing sounds scary. You don't want to see a doctor to make sure it's not something else? I worry about you!

Crystal said...

I'd be going to the doctors because I too think it sounds like you are having panic attacks. Go get it checked out!