Sunday, June 25, 2006

City Adventure for Gay Pride.

So, today's the big day! I'm off to the city with Mishy to show our support, shop, eat, and generally hang out and have a good time. I'm excited, bit nervous cause I'm totally outta my regular comfort zone - yes, I'm a freak. But, I'm good. Ok, I'm too tired to write anymore at the moment.. just woke up. Talky later, I'll try to update when I get home.

6:25pm Update:
Ok, so I just got home.. just got home, got changed out of my sticky hot clothes and got myself a HUGE glass of ice water. I'm completely drained of all energy - it was a blast! The sun was out full force - wasn't so bad for the parade since Mishy and I found a shade covered spot next to a Shoppers and stayed there to watch. It was hard to see the people walking, since there was such a large crowd, but we could definately see a lot of people on floats... and ALOT of those said persons in some cases. Men who were completely nude, or others in outfits that left little to no imagination (I drooled on myself a few times I think, the firefighters - hot!!) There were topless women, with beads and such kinda sorta not covering themselves up.. I bet they were a lot cooler than the couple guys we saw on stilts withwedding dresses on, or the people wearing leather/pleather!! I would have died.

Afterwards, we decided to walk around, check out the stands and find someplace to eat. Honestly, at this very moment I can't remember the place we stopped to eat but I had egg salad on a bun that was YUM! The bun was so damn good, oh, and i had some grapefruit juice. It was HOT, I wore sunscreen, so I think I managed to escape without a burn. Didn't end up buying anything really - cept a waffle, it was lemon with cinnamon on it - pretty good. Which means of course that #63 on my 101 Things list is complete! Yay. You know what? I'm too lazy to write anymore, I'll try to write some more later.. had a fantastic time!! Hehehe. Thanks for the invite Mishy! You rock.. and thanks for driving.. and for making sure I didn't get lost. ~winks~

Out!
Becca.



Food List:
WW Bread (2) - 1pnt.
Peanut Butter - 2pnts.
Milk - 1pnt.
EggSalad Sandwich - 10pnts.
Grapefruit Juice - 1pnt.
Waffle - 6pnts?
WW Bread (2) - 1pnt.
Butter - 1pnt.
Egg - 2pnts.
Cheeries - 4pnts.

28 / 28 pnts used.
1 / 4 activity pnts used.
35 Flex pnts left.

4 comments:

Living to Feel Good said...

Have fun! Can't wait to hear about it!

M-M-M-Mishy said...

Oh Becca. I'm glad the city didn't overwhelm you. It was so fun. We ate at The Croissant Tree. Mmm.. it was good.

The half-naked firefighters were so very hot. Actually, many people were very very hot. Thanks for coming with me!

Living to Feel Good said...

That sounds like fun! It's terribly hot and HUMID here today.
Glad you had fun!

Crystal said...

Oh I'm so jealous. Today when my sister got done work I tried to convince her to go with me down to Toronto but she wasn't having it. I did however get her to promise me that we would go down next year :)

Glad you had a great time!