Thursday, July 20, 2006

To dress up, or not to dress up - that is the question.

Here's the deal. When I wear my jeans I feel comfortable. Comfortable enough that I don't mind doing my hair all cute, and putting on some earrings, a nice top, and just generally trying to make myself look as good as I feel I can look. Meanwhile, during the three days that I have to wear dress pants to work, I dress like a slob. I don't want to put any earrings on, I just wear some old tee-shirt and don't care what my hair looks like. Strange, isn't it? I do the bare minimum dressing wise for dress days. Heh. Whatever. Too bad.

Ok, so today's another day, and I need to get that walking in. I'm supposed to go out tonight with Mishy, not sure what time yet, or really what's we're all doing. I do have to try and remember to pick up my injection at the drugstore tonight and then I have to maybe drive to where my doctor has moved because I have NO clue where it is. I hate when I don't know where I'm going and I have an appointment - grr. I'm feeling ify again today, hopefully as the day goes on that will go away and the general sense of being tired will replace it. ~laughs~ Ok, I need to get moving here, pack a lunch, clean myself up. I might wear a new frilly cream top I bought to work today. It's kinda cute, so not usually my style - but I'm giving it a shot. Behave everyone, and have a good day where you all stay OP!

12:30pm Update:
It is SO Humid outside right now, it's disgusting. I can't handle it. I wont be going for a walk during lunch, and maybe not later this afternoon either. It's going to be really tough to do the 13 mins of walking for my Challenge even. It's supposed to rain / storm here tonight - though it looks like it might come sooner. My tired feeling as finally set in full force and I'm ready to go to bed. On another note, everyone LOVES my new shirt I'm wearing today. It's girly, has frills and lace.. it's kinda cute. I paired it with my cream coloured pearl earrings. It's cute, I'll give it that and I look ok. People were making me blush this morning though, going on about how cute.. ~rolls her eyes~ Anyway, I'm going to go surf some Blogs and websites, peace all.

10:15pm Update:
Duuuuuudes. I just got home from my night out with Mishy, and although I didn't buy anything, didn't accomplish any tasks (except the 13 minutes walk through the Mall parking lot! Another day down!!) I had a fantastic night just chatting and hanging out! We made two trips to Chapters and found out that apparently, around 10ish, Starbucks becomes 'the hang out' of the town we were in - interesting. More interesting, cute young guy with short blonde hair and a green shirt that Mishy was TOTALLY checking out. We went to the Mall, just to walk in the P-Lot. Madea trip to Home Depot where I picked up some paint chips and looked at tiles and lighting with Mish. We have similar tastes, so it helps to have her along. We drove to find my doctors so tomorrow I wont be lost - however, I totally forgot to pick up my stuff for tomorrow at the drug store - fingers crossed that I can pick it up tomorrow in the morning before I head out for my appointment - Oops. And I guess that's pretty much all we did. That and a lot of talking. Anyway, just wanted to say that I finished the challenge, that I had a great night tonight and that now I have to quickly do laundry so I have clothes for tomorrow! Have a good night everyone. Oh, and I'm totally OP today again, wicked. AND at the moment, I'm feeling pretty awake, and not sick at all really.. another good thing, to not feel like crap - cha-ching.

Out!
Becca.


Food List:
Yogurt - 2pnts.
Crunchers - 2pnts.
Thin Chocolate - 2pnts.
Crustini - 7pnts.
Crackers - 1pnt.
Chicken - 5pnts.
Broc - 0pnts.
Butter - 1pnt.
Potatoes - 3pnts.
Butter - 1pnt.
Frap Lite Moch Starbucks - 4pnts.

28 / 28 pnts used.
0 / 3 activity pnts used.
35 Flex pnts left.
13 Min Challenge Walk - Complete!

9 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Becca. Thanks for reading my blog and for your kind wishes. I hope that today works out as you plan it to. Go for the stylin' top! I'm sure you'll look cute in it.

Unknown said...

even though i haven't worn jeans lately because of the weather, i am definitely more comfortable in jeans... i wish i could wear them to work - makes sense being a designer and all but no, we have to dress business casual instead... we can't even dress down on fridays WTF? anyway, maybe you could find some pants that fit/look like jeans and then you'll want to finish the look... just an idea... :o)

Crystal said...

I too am much more comfortable wearing jeans and dressing up. That's awesome that people were commenting on your top, I bet they were thinking "Now there's one HAWT ma'ma" :D

When you go out with Mishy if you don't get your 13 minutes in during lunch or this afternoon just make sure to get it when you're out. Like if you go to a mall or to the movies or something park farther away and get that walking in!!!

The Relentless Reader said...

I'm having a heck of a time exercising in this heat as well. Blech right? I've been walking/running in place in the comfort of my air conditioned bedroom instead of outside. :) Maybe you could give that a shot.

M-M-M-Mishy said...

Jeans = Ultimate Comfort

Nice one on the sexy top! Did it turn into a new hair cut moment where everyone compliments you and after awhile its just like "Ok! I get it, everyone likes it!"

We could walk for 13 minutes around Chapters tonight.

digitalGoobie said...

Catalogrrr: Thanks!! You too!

Jodi: Yeah, we get to donate $2 to a charity each month and then get to dress down on Thursday, and Fridays are automatic dress down days - I LOVE it.

Crystal: Yeah, I'm sure that's what they were thinking. ~laughs, winks~ Yeah, we're going to the book store.. so maybe we can walk around there like Mishy suggested - though I think we'll look a bit like freaks - ah well.

Jen: I might try that, though it doesn't seem the same, you know? I'd walk around my house - but even that seems silly. I'd be walking in and out of rooms like a dork. We'll see.

Mishy: It was a little like those moments this morning, yep. I was blushing like a dork and Becky wouldn't stop going on about how 'friggin cute' I was. Heh.

Askazombiehousewife said...

My reason for loss this time was making my outsides feel like my insides. My huby made me feel pretty before I lost.

Living to Feel Good said...

Becca,

First off, I am so glad you are going to the doctors! You've had me worried.

Second..I'm glad you have such a good friend like Mishy! Sounds like you two have alot of fun together! I love Home Depot! I went there yesterday. It's probably one of my top 3 favorite stores. I do spend alot of money there!!

Hope your doctors appointment goes well!

M-M-M-Mishy said...

Yeah yeah, I was checking him out. But he was cute! I had a fun time hanging tonight.