Monday, July 10, 2006

Tough call with the scale . . .

So, I weighed myself this morning, and there's a loss of about 2lbs - after two weeks. I was hoping for something more like 5lbs. The only real reason I'm weighing myself is because I don't want to stop loosing because I need to drop a pnt group and haven't. I should be down to 26 pnts a day now - but if I was still loosing I saw no pnt. I can't make a decision yet I don't think because I didn't do well last weekend or this weekend - so that prolly didn't help with my loss. I don't know, anyone have any opinions on this? Should I just try to buckle down more and behave myself on weekends and don't touch my Flex (which seems hard lately for some reason) or should I lower my daily pnts to 26??

I think I'm going to start a new Challenge for myself. More specifically - a walking challenge. I read it in some WW Book that on week #1 you walk each day for 10 minutes. Then, for every following week you add three minutes to the walk. (Eg. Week 2 = 13mins, Week 3 = 16mins, etc.) This extra walking will be above and beyond the walking I do each day at work on breaks and such. I wasn't going to say anything on here about this, only because I can feel myself not wanting to do it - but maybe having to come back here and report I haven't done it every day will motivate me? Dunno, we'll see. I'll put a thing at the bottom of my list and write complete for the days I actually do it. 10 minutes a day doesn't seem like much, but that's 70 mins extra per week.. so that's something, right?

~Yawns~ Anyway, I'm way sleepy this morning.. could not sleep last night. I'll try to write more later and in the meantime, have a good Monday morning everyone.

7:10pm Update:
Whew, and I'm sitting down and things are done. I got home from work a bit later than normal because I was chatting about the stresses of life with Kathy S. in the P-lot at work. Then when I got home, I picked up the mail and forced myself to continue for a walk around the small block by my house to earn that 10minutes of extra walking. Granted, since it rained all day at work I was unable to go for my 'regular' daily walks to earn activity pnts - but normally, if that would have happened I wouldn't have gone once I got home either - so it's above and beyond what I normally would have done. Day #1 of Challenge is complete.

So I got home from the walk, and got changed into lounging around the house clothes, and then put on some eggs to boil for dinner (mmm egg salad) and while I was waiting for those to cook and cool I did the dishes I avoided doing last night. After dinner, I went out to make the rounds for the gardens, just checking them quick - I was going to have to water them but the rain today saved me! Fed the fish in the pond and now I'm sitting here writing in my Blog. Honestly, I should get up and clean the bathroom tonight - but that sounds less than appealing to me at the moment.

Anyone have any good ideas for snacks at night or during the day at work that are low in points? I'm really not a raw veggie snacking person.. it just takes too much effort and I rarely - if ever craved it. If any of you have an idea to share that would be fantastic, because I'm getting bored of stuff really quickly these days.. even my breakfasts in the morning.. peanut butter, jam and honey in different variations is becoming dull. Is this a problem for anyone else, or am I the only one suffering from food boredom??

Out!
Becca.


Food List:
WW Bread (2) - 1pnt.
Honey - 1pnt.
Goldfish Crackers - 2pnts.
Meatloaf Muffins (2) - 6pnts.
Mashed Potatoes - 5pnts.
Butter - 1pnt.
Yogurt - 2pnts.
Egg Salad Sandwich w Onion & lettuce - 7pnts.

25 / 28 pnts used.
0 / 1 activity pnts used.
35 Flex pnts left.
10 Min Challenge Walk - Completed!

5 comments:

Crystal said...

I'd personally drop down to the 26 point range and if I were still feeling hungry I'd just use 2APs or 2 Flex.

Congrats on the 2lb loss!!

The Relentless Reader said...

Congrats on the loss :) Even if it wasn't as much as you had hoped it's still a loss! Whoo hooo!

Good luck on your walking challenge, I think that's a great idea :)

M-M-M-Mishy said...

Hey you,

Congrats on your 1st day completion of your challenge!

What about yogurt for breakfast? That's what I eat in the morning.

Crystal said...

For low point snacks I get the 100 calorie mini smart popcorn, it's 1pt per bag. I also like to get the 100 calorie thinsations and pringles for 2pts per pack. Another kind low point snack are baby cookies 5 for 3pts.

For breakfast I don't really ever eat breakfast type meals, I just have left overs or anything really.

Awesome job on the first day of your challenge.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work
» » »