Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The job is mine!

I got it, it's finally offical. My last day at the current office will be Oct 13th and the first day at the new one will be Oct 16th. I move in, obviously, on the 14th and 15th. ~laughs~ I can't believe it's almost here! That's freakin nuts.. there's still SO much stuff to do.. I'm not ready yet! Eep. Short post, I know, but I'm going in early again for overtime this morning. I really, really need the money. Was going to say you have no idea how badly - but I'm sure that's not true, everyone needs money.. so I'm sure you understand what it's like to be short on it.
Alrighty, have a wicked day, and eat healthy people!

12:35pm Update:
Ok, I'm blogging about this - but I'm not going to mention any names. But, it was too funny / odd not to share I thought, and so here I am, telling all of you lovely people. If the person who this is about reads this, and is offended... well... to each their own? heh. So without further delay, here is the conversation that occured:

Person: I have a doctors appointment tomorrow to see if I need surgery.
Moi: Surgery? What for? (Too personal since I barely know the person? Maybe. They brought it up!)
Person: I have kidney stones.
Moi: Really? Wow, it seems like everyone these days has stones and is having surgery for it.
Person: Yeah well, it's because when I was a kid, I used to go outside and eat mud and stones - you know how kids are.
Moi: (I laugh, confused not by the fact that kids eat stones and mud - sure they do. But because she thinks kidney stones and regular outside on the ground stones are the same??) Yeah, kids eat crazy things.
Person: My Mom thinks I'm weird, but even now, when it rains... it just smells so good..... (trails off)

........... what was I supposed to say to that?! I just laughed and tried to process it in my mind - it was difficult. She wants to eat mud? And thus ends story time.


Out!
Becca.

Food List:
Crackers with Cream Cheese - 3pnts.
Tea - 1pnt.
Veggie Crackers - 2pnts.
Coleslaw and Chicken Wrap - 7pnts.
Thinsations - 2pnts.
Chicken and Potatoes - 6pnts.
Chicken Ranch Salad - 5pnts.

26 / 26 pnts used.
0 / 1 activity pnts used.
35 Flex pnts left.

Daily Exercise Details:
10 Min Walk (First Break)
10 Min Walk (Lunch)
6 Min Weights
4 Min Ball Crunches
Total Workout: 30 Minutes.

8 comments:

Crystal said...

Becca that is so awesome that you got the transfer YAY!!! I bet you are feeling really relieved about the job front now, atleast you know you'll have one and don't have to start job hunting!!

I'm so excited and happy for you YAY!!

Anne said...

Congrats! It's all coming together :)

M-M-M-Mishy said...

Congrats! If you still need to get stuff, I'll go shopping with you this weekend.

Krista said...

Congrats on getting the job!! Good luck with all the packing, etc.

Unknown said...

OMG that is the funniest thing ever... i would've been like, "you're not serious are you?"... congrats on the new job, nothing like being scared to death and excited at the same time... :o)

Krista said...

LOL! People scare me.

Crystal said...

OMG I am seriously laughing out loud at that person, I think if someone said that to me I'd start laughing and have to walk away.

Some peoples children LOL

M-M-M-Mishy said...

I read this this afternoon and I'm still laughing about it! I couldn't imagine trying to keep a straight face after that.