Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Starting to feel better...

So, here's the deal. I hurt my back over a week ago - and have so far missed about 3 days of work, gone to the doctors and been laid up for like... 5 days. It's been a difficult 10 days, filled with a lot of pain, frustration, anger and over all irritation towards the situation. It has kept me from doing a lot of getting ready for the condo, used up all my sick time at work, etc.

Finally, it seems to slowly be getting better. Although it still hurts, I'm able to make it through the day of work on painkillers and anti-inflamitories (sp?). I've been putting an ice pack on at home, and my Mother has been taking care of me and letting me borrow her vehicle since it's higher up and "easier" to climb in and out of than my low resting Honda Accord.

This is going to all be quick updates, I want to walk around a bit before lunch is over to ease up on my back and hips. Tomorrow I am going to Cambridge, and for the first time will step foot into my Condo - I can't tell you how exciting that is! They finally took my upgrade chqs - 4 months late, but whatever. Next week will be the Interim closing and on the 14th I should be moving into my place - Eep! I'm nervous and excited. Going to miss my friends at work and my Mom at home so freakin much... ~pouts~ But everything must change, and things will be fine, I know.

Eating has been ify lately. Exercise non-existant since I can't do much besides walk across a room once or twice. So, no loss after 2wks, which puts me behind on my goal... but hopefully things will get better soon.

Ok, that's it for now. I miss you all! Huggles to everyone and be good, eat healthy and exercise lots! Talk to you all soon, and I'll try to find time to read all your Blogs once I'm feeling a bit better.

Out!
Becca.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey -ringtones

Anonymous said...

Hey 33570861

Krista said...

Hey Becca,

I'm sorry to hear about your back! I hope it gets better soon.

I'm so excited for you about your condo. The 14th is just around the corner.

Anonymous said...

Back pain is the worst! I was wondering what the hell happened. Get better soon, and rest up!
Shan

Crystal said...

Hey Becca, was glad to see you update was wondering how you were doing! Here's hoping the back starts to improve and quickly!

YAY to being able to actually step foot in your condo, that's so exciting!! I can't wait to see pictures!

Change does suck and is scarey but always works out in the end, you'll love having your own place and soon enough you'll have new friends at your new job!

M-M-M-Mishy said...

I'm glad you are starting to feel better and Hooray! for being able to actually get into YOUR condo. Very exciting!

The Relentless Reader said...

Hey there, welcome back. Speaking of backs..I hope yours is feeling better and heals up soon. Back pain is one of the worst. I'm thinking 'bout ya!

Living to Feel Good said...

Hey girl! I was just going to send you an email to see what was up!! I've been really busy with work stuff, so I haven't been on the computer much.

I'm so sorry to hear about your back! Argh that sucks!! I wish I lived near you, so I could help you out!! I would seriously.

I can't believe it's finally condo time. How exciting. I remember when I moved out 8 years ago. It was very exciting, and I liked the idea of being a "real" adult. I lived by myself for 5 years, and it was awesome.

Okay well don't worry about your goal right now because getting your back, back is more important right now. I'm so sorry you have to take pain killers for it!! :(

I'll tall to you soon chica!! :D

Unknown said...

sorry to hear about your back and hope it gets better soon... and congrats on the condo, you must be thrilled to move out... i remember the 1st thing i did when i moved out of my mom's place - order cable... you'll love being on your own... :o)

Twisted Cinderella said...

Sorry that you are in pain. Back pain is the worst because it is so invasive. It effects every part of your life. ((hugs))

Crystal said...

Oh Becca, where are you? I miss reading your blog and seeing you over on BBFP!

I take it you've moved ... how did that go? How's the new job, if you've started yet?

Come on we're waiting...fill us in!!