Sunday, January 21, 2007

I so need to update more often!

Geeze, again a large gap between posts, boo on me.
So, I came "Home" for the weekend, actually, I drove home after work on Thursday, which my Mom loved. That way she gets to see me longer than just for a weekend. Originally the family was going to come to my place for Sunday, to go out for dinner for my Bday on Monday (aka Tomorrow - yuk) - But then I decided I'd come down to go to my old work and have my yearly review in person with my Boss and also help to train 3 of the new peeps they hired. While I was there, I suggested that they let me come in Monday and do one more day of training with them - My Boss jumped on the idea, and so I'm staying here until Monday. I have to admit, I feel very guilty since my poor fish are without food for like.. 4 days - I don't even know if they can live that long without it? I really should have planned this better. But honestly, I thought I'd be home by now.... bad me. Bad. I'll feel horrible if they die, so fingers crossed that they don't.

I met Mishy at the Mall today for a kinda brunch thing where we went to this new bakery and then skipped over to the Starbucks to pick up some coffee - it was so good, yum yum. Then we scouted the Mall for about 2hrs or so, checking out stores and pretty things like necklaces, earrings and the such. I ended up buying two shirts, the same style just different colours since they were 2/$25 - which I thought was pretty sweet. PLUS guess what????! They were from Ricki's - a regular sized store - my first pieces of clothing from a reg. store in like.. well.. since as long as I can remember. I mean, maybe when I was a kid I could have shopped there, but not since then. I'm so excited! I just want to loose another 20+lbs before I'll be even more free to shop at places like that - so exciting for me. Maybe it will motivate me to try harder and get back on track. Honestly, the only thing that sucks about where I live is being so far from my Friends and Family, I really miss them. Thanks for comin out with me today Mish - hope to see you in a couple weeks or so again and you HAVE to tell me how those breads you got taste once you've tried them.

Tonight my Dad, Mom, Sister and I are going out to dinner at The Keg - it's to celebrate my Bday (22nd) and my Mom's Bday (16th). I've been kinda craving a really good steak, so hopefully they will deliver - mmm. Yummy food. My Mom & Dad got me the Eragon Book Series which I've been dying to read and they also got me some decorative boxes to store stuff in and put up atop my kitchen cabinets. I can't wait to get them home and see what they look like. My sister bought me a lovely silver/glass food scale - I had seen one about a month ago and wanted it since it matches other stuff in my place (and the white plastic one I did have just didn't go with the rest of my things.) so it's perfect. She also bought me the movie "Ghost and the Darkness" on DVD. We used to own it on VHS but somehow lost it - and for some reason, although the movie isn't anything special I just really like it. I've seen it I bet 20+ times. So that was a nice surprise.

Alright, I'm just rambling so I'm going to get going. Hope you are all doing well and staying on track better than I am. Miss you all, talk to you soon.

Becca ~

4 comments:

Askazombiehousewife said...

I am so glad you got the new outfits
and way to go for the food scale.
I have a digital food scale, it’s not glass but cute.

Crystal said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECCA!!!

M-M-M-Mishy said...

HAPPY!
BIRTHDAY!
BECCA!

Ok, so my hotmail is so screwed up, because my e-card I sent you bounced back. Or maybe it was the website I sent it from.

Am going to try to send you another one.

And yes! Hanging out was very fun. Those t-shirts looked super-fly on you (yes, I said "super-fly", I admit it). And I ate my body weight in bread and it was delicious. I'm in a carb-coma right now. :)

LivingMinimal said...

Hey that's great about the clothes, Becca. I remember when I got down to a 38" waist and I could buy jeans at a normal store...felt so damn good!!!