Monday, January 08, 2007

Mmmmmmmmmmm tea.

I'm crazy about tea, for those of you who I haven't yet told.
I mean, it's becoming crazy, I now have in my kitchen cabinet five kinds of tea, and, for those of you who also enjoy a good, hot, cup of relaxing tea after a very, very long day I thought I'd share!

Lipton South African Red - This tea was actually introduced to me by my Mother, she bought it for me on a whim to try after I moved out. Although, short of regular Tetley Orange Pekoe I really hadn't been interested up to this point in other flavours of tea. But, I thought, hey, why not. So I gave it a shot and LOVED IT. It was fantastic, I just really enjoyed the taste, and the smell of this tea. It was different from my regular cups of tea and to tell you the truth, it was time for a change. (I also got Mishy hooked on this tea after I served her a glass here at my condo, so she can be the second vote that it's worth trying.) Just so you know, the description for the tea is as follows "A robust rooibos based tea blend with hints of spice and vanilla."

Next, I thought I'd branch out to another of Liptons teas - Sri Lankan Gold - this tea almost to me, tastes sweeter than the first one. I guess it's in some ways more mellow because it doesn't seem to have the spice to it - but it has like this strong flower taste to it or something. I enjoy it also, and have replaced the first box I emptied, which means to me it's worth having. "Delicate blend of Asian black teas with a medley of honey, vanilla and bergamot flavours."

Then I got really crazy, heh, I after enjoying a specialty Chai Tea several times at a local Cafe I happened across Liptons Spiced Chai (Flavoured Black Tea) and I have to say - yet another gem in my collection! It's the only one out of the other Liptons that I actually add milk to - but it's so yummy. It's almost like cinnamon tasting or something. Adding milk to it of course makes it a Latte, and according to the box apparently you can make like an iced tea out of it - not so sure about that, but maybe it would taste good? Anyway, this is a nice tea also to try and the description is "An exotic blend of savoury spices, rich Assam tea leaves and a hint of ginger."

Finally, Liptons Asian White tea. This is the newest one I decided to try, and to be honest I decided to try it because it was the last of the group of three that are considered "new" to their line. This one is fruity, so it's usually not something I'd go for. I had a cup the other night, and so far haven't had a chance for a second. If I'll buy another box of it still remains to be seen. It wasn't horrible, but I don't think it's one of my fav's so far - so I'll just wait and see if it grows on me more. "A refined blend of Asian teas with a apricot flavour."

Ok, well, that's it for now. I have nothing new to write about... except for tea... heh. So, this was overall a pretty dull post eh? If anyone feels like recommending a tea to me to try that would be fantastic! Mmm.. tea. Take care everyone, and if you're stressing, take a moment to relax with a warm cup of tea and close your eyes, breathe in the scents wafting up from your mug and just let all the stress go . . . . .

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Are you sure you don't have an endorsement deal with Lipton? LOL. I too, love tea. I splurged on some fancy schmancy stuff awhile back. Check it out www.mightyleaf.ca

Living to Feel Good said...

I like tea too, but I usually only drink it if it's cold. David however drinks several cups a day.

You think 5 boxes is bad...we have a whole drawer probably at least a dozen different kinds.

Cottage cheese..don't know how to describe the taste, but I do know it's not for everyone. I think the texture would weird people out, but I'm a fan of it. David has never had it before either. I suggest trying one of the ones that has fruit and cottage cheese together. I like pineapple or raspberry with it. So if you do decide to try it go that route. :D

LivingMinimal said...

Its true, I do like my tea. I only drink the following types though; Tetleys, Sainsbury Red Label, PG Tips. Just good standard English teas for me!

M-M-M-Mishy said...

Mmmm... That South African Red with a little lemon and a little sugar is devine!

I just found a great pomegranite green tea and I'm loving it.

Man, now you got me in the mood for some tea.

M-M-M-Mishy said...

I just tried Tetley's Pomegranite Green Tea and it wasn't bad! I love pomegranites though.

Twisted Cinderella said...

There is something nice and luxurious about sitting with a nice hot cup of tea or coffee and relaxing in the peace and quiet.