Saturday, March 31, 2007

4lbs for March.

So, I started keeping track of my weight since March 13th until today, the last morning of March and I've dropped a total of 4lbs. It's definitely better than nothing - but still not as much as I would have liked. However, that's my own fault for not being more strict and allowing those slacking days to creep in every week. That's alright though, I'm determined to continue loosing the pounds and this month lets hope I at least double if not triple that amount. It's all about being focused and committed. I can do both those things... hopefully Easter wont throw me into a mess though - I guess I have all this week to loose as much as possible to prepare just in case. Heh.

So, emotionally these days I'm not doin so hot, but I manage. I am however really pushing myself each day to get dressed and done up as nice as possible so that it feeds my confidence and gets me noticed. I might actually drop by Dooleys this weekend - prolly not because I'm a chicken shit, but you never know.. I might manage to hit the bar alone, for the first time.. heh.

My Horoscope for today is:
Community events or volunteering to help an organization that interests you will all lead to meeting new people who can help you out in other ways. A partnership that forms will be better for you than you realize. A lifestyle change is apparent. 3 stars

It's funny, only because I've been thinking about doing some volunteer work but just not sure what to do. There are a few places I could check out, but I'm not sure what I would be good at, or what would be good for me. A crisis hot line might be a little much emotionally. Being a Big Sister also might be more than I should be taking on... I dunno.. anyone have any good ideas? Or even some good experiences they feel like sharing?

Maybe I'll update later today,
Becca~

2 comments:

thrilled said...

I sometimes volunteer at a local community garden (plus, I get to take home some fresh organic veggies!) or the nature center down the street to work on clearing trails, etc.

I love being outside so these are ways that I can do that and be a little bit active. Plus, it's not a once-a-week thing. You just go on one of their scheduled volunteer days whenever you feel like it.

"The Captain" said...

volunteering is good.