Sunday, April 01, 2007

April showers, bring May flowers.

10:00pm Update:
Hey all, ok, I'm sure most have you have seen this already... but honestly? I hadn't until I stopped by 'Girls That Eat Pizza' Blog and found it on there since she posted it awhile ago. Anyway, click on the link below to watch a little video:


Ok, I'm all over this. I'm so sick of these stupid sizes out there.. and that they don't make nice looking clothes for people over a size 12! What the Hell people?! Sure, I'm overweight, currently I'm somewhere around a size 18 - and you know what?! I want to look good, I want to feel good, and I want clothing that fits and makes both those things the best they can be! I can't tell you how many times I've bought clothing that has NO shape to it at all.. only because I couldn't find anything else. Really, do they think that a box shape shirt and unfitting jeans are going to make us look better? If I wanted to wear things with no style and no shape, I'd cut a hole out of the top of my bed sheet and wear it around town.. ok? Ok.

End of Update. ~winks~ Have a good night all.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's raining out, kinda. It's sort of starting and then stopping again - oh well. Apparently it's going to be like that for most of the week, and then maybe even some snow on the weekend?! How about no. If there's a way to vote for the weather - I'm going to have to mark off the big 'no more snow this season' section because I don't feel like driving or walking through it any more. I'm not ready for the humid heat of Summer - how about just a cool dry sunny Spring.. you know, kinda like the Fall? Heh. One can dream, can't they?

Anyway, last night was a blast - my parents decided to come and visit on a whim and took me out for dinner - their treat. Honestly, they shouldn't have paid for me, but it was very sweet that they did and I really needed the time out. I have to say, after three flavoured Martinis I was feelin pretty good and forgetting about most of my worries. This place has like 50 kinds of martinis that they make.. and can I just say, the three I tried were all fantastic. I even managed to wear my red heeled boots the entire evening - I'm getting so comfy in them they're just like wearing any other kinda shoe.

I'm still at about the same weight today as I was yesterday.. same old, same old. I guess I should thank my lucky stars after what I ate/drank yesterday that I didn't gain the 4lbs back in one day! ~laughs~ Oh well, a girl has to splurge now and then.

My parents left about an hour ago, I'll be seeing them again this weekend and other family also since it's Easter and we're doing the dinner. (Nothing big, just a small get together.) Which means I have to drive from work for 2hrs on Thursday night. That drive always makes me so tired, but it does cut off wasted time in traveling home and leaving from here because it's about 2hrs from work, and 2hrs from home to get to where I'm going. Today I'm meeting up with Kathy to go see this chick who's doing our taxes for us. Kathy has used her for a few years now - this will be my first time and if she does a good job I'll use her again next year. Her rates are reasonable and frankly, I'd rather pay her the money then some dick from H&R Block. (Those jerks want to charge me $100+ to do my taxes!!!! Kiss my ass.) So, wish me luck. Because once she does my taxes it helps me figure out where I stand with my budget right now a little better.

Anyway, I guess I should go get myself all prettied up for the day,
Have a great one, and don't forget your umbrella today!

Becca ~

4 comments:

M-M-M-Mishy said...

Hey! It's pouring here today too. So three martini's, eh kid? That's hardcore, especially in heels. I'd be on the floor.

Good luck on your taxes! Here's hoping for a refund.

i i eee said...

Hey thanks for stopping by my blog.

Hope the tulips pop up soon. :)

Anne said...

Hey Becca...
I made the background in photoshop myself.

thrilled said...

Yes! Fat girl clothes are just not flattering on the whole. Some searching will turn up a few things that'll make your bf say you're sexy (heheh!), but most of them are downright frumpy.

Plus, for me they almost never fit right. I can't wait to get to a 14 again because misses clothes seem to be better proportioned for my body.