Monday, March 26, 2007

Walk Away the Pounds

So, I've stolen a tape from my Mom and Sister called 'Walk Away the Pounds' it's with Leslie Sansone and literally, it's an exercise video where you walk and do some other workouts while walking. I actually only tried it yesterday - but was surprised at how much it actually felt like it was working - and I even got my heart pumping and it really felt like I got a workout.

So, like I said, I stole the videos - there are actually three that come in the set, 1 Mile, 2 Miles and 3 Miles. I'm just sticking with the 1 Mile for now - I find my legs could prolly take more around the 2 Miles or so, but my arms just aren't ready for more of a work out (I'm weaker in my upper body) and therefore I figured if I did the 1 Mile for a week to two, then I would move onto the next tape when I felt ready and confident I wasn't going to like, pull something.

Also, it should be noted that the 1 Mile workout only takes 20 minutes to complete. So I suppose I'd have to dedicate about 40 minutes to the next one? I'm not sure about that - I'll let you guys know - I'm sure it all depends on the pace that is set during the video so it might not actually be a full 40 minutes. Originally I think Sarah mentioned this video - and I had always planned on checking it out but never got around to it. If anyone is looking to buy it, I believe my Mom purchased it at Coseco.

Anyway, my plan here is to try and do this video every day this week - if not, then I'll at least aim for every other day. I don't want to pull anything or over do it right off the bat since I really haven't been doing much exercising these days - but I would like to commit myself to actually being more active again - like I said, I'd like to loose 20lbs by July 1st and honestly, if I keep bouncing up and down two pounds that's just not going to cut it! That' right, from my weight on Friday morning (which was the lowest I've ever seen) to my weight this morning, I managed to gain 1.6lbs over a weekend of eating out and drinking coffee. Boo on me, but I'll try to fix it this week. I really need to re-focus. Soon I'm going to have to kick my own ass!

Hope everyone is doing well,
Becca ~

1 comment:

M-M-M-Mishy said...

First, I'm so happy you're posting again.

Second, you're like me, full of muscle in the legs, and arms that are pathetically weak. There's no shame in that. We're two weaklings with chicken arms. For now. Soon, we'll be superheros, kicking ass and taking names.

Third, I'll bring Circle of Friends with me when I see you next. It was really good! Have you seen the movie yet? Also good, but I would recommend reading the book first.

P.S. Remember how I said I was buying fruit every morning at the grocery store in an effort to cut out the usual crap I was eating and feel better? Yeah, they make the fruit containers at the same station as the salad containers, and now all I can taste on my strawberries and kiwis is onion and green pepper. Not too appealing. :(